Active Directory sync overwrite mail address

Hi,

We use BlueMind 3.0.26 with an AD sync and it manage multiple domain (.FR, .COM, .NET, .EU).
Each user have an address for each domain.

At first, we had it on each user in Bluemind configuration after the first sync.
After multiple sync it seem that a full sync is done and in this case secondary aliases disapears.

It seem that Bluemind overwirte the user with data from AD.
It’s a good thing but it’s not well documented and there is no warning when you modified Bluemind configuration with an AD sync.

The solution is to define on AD the default email address in mail attribute and others in otherMailbox.

I tried to login to declare a bug but can’t create an account.

It will be perfect it :

• the documentation says that aliases will be overwritten by sync
  • the documentation says otherMailbox should contain other aliases
  • the aliases part of mail configuration should be greyed to prevent edition or a warning in case of edition.

Thanks

All fields of users or groups that are synchornized from AD must be updated into AD otherwise values will be overwrite during synchronisation.

Global synchronisation is run if previous synchronisation fail, or by forcing global synchronisation. Otherwise, only incremental synchronisation are done, but if a user was updated in AD he will be updated in BlueMind and values modified localy will be overwrite.

We are improving our documentation, thanks for your feedback.
For the 3rd point, can you vote for this suggestion or create a new one ?

To create an account in our forge, you must got to BlueMind Central Identity Management. This link is on the Jira login page but it’s not so visible…

Done but i can’t add a comment :
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.

Hello agenet,

There was an issue with the comments that I just fixed, sorry for the inconvenience! You should be able to post now.

Hi,

To respond to one question asked by mail :
How you do that :
The solution is to define on AD the default email address in mail attribute and others in otherMailbox.

You have to (sorry for potential traduction error, i work on french system) :

• Go in Active Directory Users & Computers
  • Check Display > Advanced Funtions
  • Go to the Properties of the user you want to modify
  • Go to Attributes Editor (which is hidden without Advanced Funtions)
  • Search otherMailbox and edit.

Hope it help.