EAS account sync problem with error "folder with id 71 not found"

Hello,

After some plays with folders and filters my account could not anymore synchronized via ActiveSync with following errors:

eas.log

2018-06-22 21:59:36,504 [vert.x-worker-thread-2] n.b.e.c.f.s.FolderSyncProtocol ERROR - Fail to send FolderHierarchy response
net.bluemind.eas.exception.ActiveSyncException: Missing parent for folder ‘GitHub’, folderId:255, parentId: 254
at net.bluemind.eas.backend.bm.FolderBackend.hasHierarchyLoop(FolderBackend.java:539) ~[net.bluemind.eas.backend.bm_3.1.25071.jar:na]
at net.bluemind.eas.backend.bm.FolderBackend.checkHierarchyLoop(FolderBackend.java:520) ~[net.bluemind.eas.backend.bm_3.1.25071.jar:na]
at net.bluemind.eas.backend.bm.FolderBackend.getHierarchyChanges(FolderBackend.java:344) ~[net.bluemind.eas.backend.bm_3.1.25071.jar:na]
at net.bluemind.eas.backend.bm.FolderBackend.getChanges(FolderBackend.java:206) ~[net.bluemind.eas.backend.bm_3.1.25071.jar:na]
at net.bluemind.eas.backend.bm.HierarchyExporter.getChanges(HierarchyExporter.java:37) ~[net.bluemind.eas.backend.bm_3.1.25071.jar:na]
at net.bluemind.eas.command.folder.sync.FolderSyncProtocol.execute(FolderSyncProtocol.java:105) [net.bluemind.eas_3.1.25071.jar:na]
at net.bluemind.eas.command.folder.sync.FolderSyncProtocol.execute(FolderSyncProtocol.java:1) [net.bluemind.eas_3.1.25071.jar:na]
at net.bluemind.eas.protocol.impl.ProtocolWorker$1.handle(ProtocolWorker.java:55) [net.bluemind.eas_3.1.25071.jar:na]
at net.bluemind.eas.protocol.impl.ProtocolWorker$1.handle(ProtocolWorker.java:1) [net.bluemind.eas_3.1.25071.jar:na]
at org.vertx.java.core.eventbus.impl.DefaultEventBus$11.run(DefaultEventBus.java:963) [io.vertx.core_2.1.6.bm8.jar:na]
at org.vertx.java.core.impl.DefaultContext$3.run(DefaultContext.java:175) [io.vertx.core_2.1.6.bm8.jar:na]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) [na:1.8.0_131]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) [na:1.8.0_131]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [na:1.8.0_131]

AND

Caused by: net.bluemind.core.api.fault.ServerFault: [mailbox:acls-9C2AF446-0A6D-4115-BA1E-93D06D6DA35E] folder with id 71 not found.
at net.bluemind.core.rest.base.codec.JsonObjectCodec.parseFault(JsonObjectCodec.java:113) ~[net.bluemind.core.rest_3.1.25071.jar:na]
at net.bluemind.core.rest.base.codec.JsonObjectCodec$Response.decode(JsonObjectCodec.java:89) ~[net.bluemind.core.rest_3.1.25071.jar:na]
at net.bluemind.core.rest.base.ClientProxyGenerator$MethodCallBuilder.parseResponse(ClientProxyGenerator.java:408) ~[net.bluemind.core.rest_3.1.25071.jar:na]

Could you please help on how to reset the eas configs for my account or imap db folders ?

Thank you.

I think that the source of this bug is that I have deleted a parent folder without deleting its children.

It seems to be the same bug as: https://forge.bluemind.net/jira/browse/BM-11215

But is it possible to update to 3.5.5 without a subscription ?

Hi,

There is some issues in version < 3.5.8 where some move/rename of folders using EAS could break the database folder hierarchie, you may fix them using ‘check&repair’ in the maintenance tab of the user. But the best way is to update to the latest version that is way more robust for this use case.
Without a subscription, you need to install BM on a new server/VM and manually migrate your data with impasync, ics/vcard import/export for exemple.

Thank you,

The check & repair method has not worked and I have fixed that by renaming the corrupted account and creating a new one and retransfering data to it.

Thank you for the clarification.