Export LDAP plugin issue

Hello,
I am trying to use the Export LDAP plugin. After i install it and restart, i get the error message “error tagging as directory/bm-master” when trying to enable it from the server roles. Is there a step I am missing to use the ldap server?

Thank you

Did you install bm-ldap-role package on target LDAP host ?

Else, what’s the message in bm-core log /var/log/bm/core.log ?

I installed the bm-ldap-role on the host, here is the error from core.log:

net.bluemind.core.api.fault.ServerFault: net.bluemind.core.api.fault.ServerFault: Fail to authenticate to LDAP server: 192.168.4.10
at net.bluemind.system.ldap.LdapHelper.connectLdap(LdapHelper.java:103) ~[na:na]
at net.bluemind.system.ldap.LdapHelper.connectConfigDirectory(LdapHelper.java:69) ~[na:na]
at net.bluemind.system.ldap.LdapHook.initLdapTree(LdapHook.java:165) ~[na:na]
at net.bluemind.system.ldap.LdapHook.onHostTagged(LdapHook.java:141) ~[na:na]
at net.bluemind.core.handler.host.impl.TagTask.runUnsafe(TagTask.java:65) ~[na:na]
at net.bluemind.core.handler.host.impl.SilentTask.run(SilentTask.java:56) ~[na:na]
at net.bluemind.core.taskref.TaskBindingImpl$1.run(TaskBindingImpl.java:93) [net.bluemind.core_1.0.0.b13625.jar:na]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [na:1.7.0_60]
Caused by: net.bluemind.core.api.fault.ServerFault: Fail to authenticate to LDAP server: 192.168.4.10
at net.bluemind.system.ldap.LdapHelper.connectLdap(LdapHelper.java:99) ~[na:na]
… 7 common frames omitted

in var/log/syslog, there is the error

"slapd[10144]: SASL [conn=1000] Failure: cannot connect to saslauthd server: Permission denied

running on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS if that makes any difference

Strange… I need to test, but it seems that your LDAP server can’t contact ynsp which is installed by bm-ldap-role.

Is there something in the ysnp log on LDAP host ?
Can you run on LDAP host:

# ls -ld /var/run/saslauthd
# ls -al /var/run/saslauthd

the out put of those commands is

ls -ld /var/run/saslauthd

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 36 Dec 9 14:26 /var/run/saslauthd → /var/spool/postfix/var/run/saslauthd

ls -al /var/run/saslauthd

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 36 Dec 9 14:26 /var/run/saslauthd → /var/spool/postfix/var/run/saslauthd

the ysnp log shows normal user logins, but there is nothing about the ldap login. Is there any configuration that I should have done in addition to installing bm-ldap-role and bm-core-ldap-export on my bluemind host?

No, all the needed configuration must be done by BlueMind itself.

Is your LDAP installed on your BlueMind host or is it a separated host ?

Sorry, but I make a mistake on the second command, can you run:

# ls -ltr /var/run/saslauthd/

when i run # ls -ltr /var/run/saslauthd/ it returns permission denied,
With sudo this is the output:
total 0
srwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Dec 10 19:17 mux

I am running everything on one host right now, so bluemind and ldap are on the same host

It seems that apparmor denied access to saslauthd socket.

Is it better after running:

# sudo service apparmor teardown

I open a ticket in BlueMind forge.

You can create file /etc/apparmor.d/disable/usr.sbin.slapd to disable apparmor only for slapd service

hello everyone, is there a solution on that problem, I tried to deactivate the apparmor service, but it’s unrecognized.

thanks for the reply!

The problem was fixed on BlueMind 3.0.28 and greater.

Are you sure that it’s the same problem ?
Do you use Ubuntu 14.04 ? Does /etc/apparmor.d/disable/usr.sbin.slapd exist ?

I’m in version 3.0.30, I installed the server on debian 8u3, and the /etc/apparmor.d/disable/usr.sbin.slapd does not exist.

I have the exact same message : “error tagging as directory/bm-master” while i’m trying to activate the ldap role.

is there only one plugin to install for export, or two? I just found a topic that speak about the “bm-ldap-role”
and the “bm-plugin-core-ldap-export” plugin,

i only have the export one is that the possible solution?

thanks for the reply

Apparmor is supported only on Ubuntu 14.04 for now, so if you use it on Debian, you must create /etc/apparmor.d/disable/usr.sbin.slapd manually and restart apparmor as explain there, or remove apparmor.

You can create a bug in our jira too.

There is only one plugin to export BlueMind account into LDAP, it’s bm-plugin-core-ldap-export.

Package bm-ldap-role may be used to install all needed dependencies on server you plan to use to run LDAP service.
LDAP service can run on a separated server or directly on BlueMind server.

okay, thanks for your answer.

is it necessary to disable apparmor?

in fact, I don’t know what is apparmor for, so if I don’t have to use it, its better

AppArmor is a kernel security like SELinux.

BlueMind don’t need it to run.
If you don’t know what it’s and don’t master it’s management, it’s better to remove/disable it for now.

Okay thanks a lot.

I installed the role bm-ldap-role, and managed to activate the export role.

thanks for your help and informations