Update, AV/ASpam, Translate - Beginners Questions :)

Hi all,

I am new to BlueMind, did a first test install yesterday. Looks good and promising and was really easy to install.
But I have a few questions to which I could not find answers at first glance:

1. How do I update from 2.0.10 to the new 2.0.11? Do I have to remove&reinstall?

2. There are “Security” and “Reports” Tabs, but greyed out - are those features not available yet?

3. Is there a possibility to integrate open source Antivirus and AntiSpam?

4. I am interested to help translating the Frontend and integrate a german version :slight_smile: Please advise.

Best from Bavaria,
Florian

Without a subscription (which brings a tool to update an install as easy as the installer), you have to migrate your data after installing new version.
One way is:

• dump mail, calendar as ICS and contacts as VCard
  • install new Blue Mind version on a separate server or VM
  • import data

You’re right, these options aren’t available for now.

Yes, you can add all kind of filters on mail stream.
We recommend that you install this on a SMTP relay, but it’s possible to add this on Blue Mind server and change postfix configuration as needed.
All postfix options may be adapted except:
[list=*]
]mynetworks/]
]message_size_limit/]
]relayhost/]
]and generated maps (you can add your own maps, but don’t remove Blue Mind maps)/]
[/list]

All this options are available from Blue Mind administration console.

There is already a german support for Blue Mind 3, and we encourage you to participate using our translation tool.

Thank you!
I already wrote you an e-mail regarding a professional license, and at the moment I am at translating :slight_smile:
Maybe the automatic integration of Open Source Anti Virus / Anti Spam would be an option to include in future releases…
Looking forward to 3.0!

Anti-virus and anti-spam is a job to maintain efficient. For now, we allow you to use what you want (online like AltoSpam, open-source…), but it need integration.
Maybe in future version, we add options to simplify integration by adding pre-configuration for some solutions.

Full integration is not exclude, but it’s not our priority nor our job.